Saturday, November 8, 2014

GAPS and Chocolate

 

While you're looking on websites for GAPS dessert recipes, you have probably found a trillion  ones involving chocolate!  I was really confused at this because cocoa isn't on the legal list. So I researched it and found that Dr. Natasha said that after your symptoms are gone for six months you can have cocoa, but only if your body handles it.

This was a total ray of sunshine for hopeful me.


I was really, really wanting chocolate but my symptoms weren't totally gone.... but I really, really wanted chocolate!   I first tried a recipe that had a lot of cocoa and not much else and got sick.  I was really sad but still hopeful that maybe I just had too much cocoa all at once so I made brownies.  I learned something through this... I am really not ready for cocoa! 

I got instant heartburn, much like an allergic reaction, and I felt sick and then a couple days later I could tell that I was detoxing out of my armpits because i could smell my brownies in my B.O.  (Disgusting, I know, sorry.)
Moral of the story, try a little bit of cocoa at a time and if you react, don't try it again!  Listen to your body, do what it likes, and in the end you and your body (yes, they are different) will be happier for it.

What foods have you guys tried to introduce and it ended up being a total failure?  Please don't tell me I'm the only one!
Emma<3


No comments:

Post a Comment